[Gallery not found]
Although this has yet to be confirmed, Michael Jackson apparently went into cardiac arrest after injecting himself with a large dose of Demerol. The Sun reports:
An Emergency Room source at UCLA hospital said Jackson aides told medics he had collapsed after an injection of potent Demerol — similar to morphine. A Jacko source said: “Shortly after taking the Demerol he started to experience slow shallow breathing. “His breathing gradually got slower and slower until it stopped. “His staff started mouth-to-mouth and an ambulance was called which got there in eight minutes “But found he was in full respiratory arrest, no breathing and no pulse. They started full CPR and rushed him to hospital. “When he arrived they started resuscitation, giving him heart shocks and inserted a breathing tube and other supportive measures to try and save his life. “He never regained consciousness.The family was told that he had passed.”
After Jackson got severely burned while shooting a Pepsi commercial back in 1984, he became addicted to painkillers (one of those being Demerol) and was admitted to the Betty Ford Clinic. Also, during his child molestation trial, Demerol and other drug paraphernalia were found in Jackson’s home by police. Man, this is depressing. It can’t be drugs can it? Because I thought for sure Michael Jackson’s heart stopped because it was tired of giving so much love to the world.
I recently became a fan of Anderson Cooper, so here is a clip of him telling a story about when he was 10 and meeting Michael Jackson at Studio 54. Only one of you will get this, but this video is the hardest thing I’ve ever posted. 🙂