[SinglePic not found]
The folks at ELLE sent us the cover for their September ’07 issue and the highlights from their interview with Lindsay Lohan. This was Lindsay’s last official interview which was only 36 hours before her first DUI and going to rehab before Memorial Day. Below is part of the interview and, naturally, I had something to say about everything.
On her reputation for drunk driving: “I wouldn’t violate … I’m much more responsible than that. I would not do that.”
On attending rehab at Wonderland before her 21st birthday: ‘I was growing up and going out a lot, and I needed to have a balance. I was glad I went, because I needed to get away from everyone and I didn’t know how to do that. And I learned a lot there. A bunch of my friends – I was with them last night – they’re in AA for, like, years.”
– Actually, you only did it because your damage control PR people told you to do it, and according to the people who saw you do it, you still got high in rehab.
On her sometimes-boyfriend Calum Best: “I like him. He’s me in male form. We’re very similar. Stubborn, rebellious, very smart, coy, a little bit narcissistic – I think all actors have a little bit of that, and so they should. We’ll be kidding around, like the other day when we were in the Bahamas … I was walking by some mirror. And he caught me looking in the mirror and he goes, ‘I caught that!’ I was like, ‘Damn, I look good!‘
– So you’re both shallow and stuck up. Got it. Do you pay hookers to fuck you, too?
On the media firestorm surrounding her: “I feel like the asshole, the idiot, because I feel like I’m distracting from the other things that are important, like global warming and that kind of stuff. I genuinely mean that. And I don’t know what to do.”
– You are an asshole, and an idiot.
On avoiding fame: “I hate it, like, when these people say, ‘Well, why do you go to the Ivy if you don’t want …” Seriously, I like their food! I can’t go to a restaurant? I know I’m going to get pictures taken. I’m fine with it. And I’m going to go have their food. People give you shit for it: ‘Don’t go on Robertson!’ What, I can’t drive down the street?”
– You live for that shit. You’d kill yourself if the paparazzi started ignoring you.
On being photographed without underwear: “It was once, and it was when I was in Venice. And I was rushing through the room, threw the Prada dress on. And that’s what happened. And I didn’t even see the picture. I don’t look at that shit – that’s gross. If I wear a dress I have underwear on.”
– Actually it was twice, jackass. And it’s funny that even you think your pussy is gross.
On sleep troubles: “I have really bad insomnia. My whole life. I get nervous at night going to bed, and being awake alone really freaks me out.”
– No, you have a cocaine habit and you’re a codependent slut.
On her career aspirations: “I just want to be nominated for an award for all the work I’ve done. It’s so funny – people forget that I played two characters in Parent Trap when I was twelve years old.”
– Ha ha ha!! Good one! Yes, your raspy smoker’s voice and utter lack of any acting range whatsoever in every movie you’re in is exceptional talent. I’ll nominate you for a nicotine patch and some acting lessons.
The issue of ELLE which will include the rest of the interview will be on the stands on Tuesday, August 7th. And Lindsay will likely be working on her third DUI around the same time.
Note: According to today’s Page Six, Lindsay also stole clothing from the ELLE shoot.